I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Friday, April 1

thanksgiving and anticipation...

This week has been an emotional roller-coaster as we packed and got ready to leave.  Happiness, sadness, excitement and disappointment were all pushing and shoving to be queen of the hill until they were replaced with thanksgiving and anticipation. I am thankful for the incredible opportunities we've had this year. The Lord has blessed us in many ways as we've watched Him at work in our lives. And as we move back to Arizona  I am now eagerly anticipating some very special favorite things...

1. stunning Arizona sunsets...

sunset
The only thing more beautiful than an Arizona sunset is perhaps an Arizona sunrise! 

2. hummingbirds...

Hummer
I love watching the aerial acrobatics of these tiny, territorial birds. When I let their feeders run dry, they squeak at me to let me know! Who knew I'd miss that?!?!

3. friends...
No photos for this one... but someday I would love to get ALL our friends in one place and take a picture! They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. I don't think that is always true- but this year away from you all has certainly made me appreciate each of you more. I cannot wait to give each one of you a hug... SOON!

4. mountains...

mountains
What the east coast considers mountains would barely be considered "hills" in the west. I miss the jaggedness, the brown dirt... and yes, the dry creek beds!

5. cacti and desert flowers...

desert
I've been told the beauty of the desert is an acquired taste. Or maybe you just have to be a desert rat. Whatever the case, I love the contrasts and simplicity that make the desert so beautiful.

6. monsoon storms...

monsoon storm
From watching the wall of dust (haboob) roll in to the pounding rain, thunder and lightning and even the occasional power outage, I love monsoon storms!! Of course, the next day when I'm fishing patio furniture out of the pool is a different story altogether!

7. Chandler Bible Church...
Again, no photos for this one but I certainly plan to rectify that when we get back! We have so missed the community and fellowship of our church- lots of churches teach the Bible, but what makes ours special to us is the people and the blessing they are to us. See ya'll soon!!

8. my bathtub...

tub time
No, I'm not kidding... and yes, we had a bathtub in Maryland. I love everything about my bathtub- the slope of the back, the way the water stays hot (extra insulation... thanks, Lon!), the filtered sunlight from the window, the ledge to put my coffee or iced tea on as well as a book,...

9. morning coffee on my patio...

morning coffee
I enjoy my morning coffee on the patio about 80% of the year. It is where I often read my Bible and meditate on God's Word as I listen to the birds chirping. It is my favorite part of the day!

10. Mexican food...
What can I say? There just isn't good Mexican food east of the Rio Grande. I plan to frequent my favorite Mexican food establishments on a regular basis for awhile. And cook Mexican food with more than two kinds of fresh chilis... and the brands of canned ingredients I like. Yum!!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun post. All those things missed you, too! If you're still there, smell a cherry blossom for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you gotta love it here. Not one picture of that cold white stuff! Just another week and Mexican food galore. God sure did bless you with a great year.

    ReplyDelete