I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Sunday, June 12

Diner, Drive-In or Dive #7: Joe's Farm Grill (and more!)

Although most of the "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" are east of the Mississippi River, we do have 13 right here in Arizona- including one a little over six miles from home.

Farm Grill
We have eaten at Joe's Farm Grill several times and always enjoy the food, but our first experience with one of Joe's restaurants was Joe's Real BBQ, an eatery we've frequented for many years.

One of the things that makes Joe's Farm Grill unique is that it is located on Joe's family's original home. The restaurant was created from the Johnston family farm house built in 1966 by Joe's parents. The dining room with the fireplace used to be the family's family room! The restaurant kitchen is where all the bedrooms used to be- obviously, they've been remodeled! Another unique feature of the restaurant is the farming plots that surround it where much of the produce is grown organically. The tomatoes on your hamburger are usually picked that day on the farm out the back door!

pizza
I had the BBQ chicken pizza, an entree Guy tried when he was there for DDD and one of my personal favorites. It is a taste of the old west on a crispy pizza crust- absolutely delicious!

Finally, Joe's Farm Grill has the most unique restrooms I've ever seen. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I'll let you be the judge.  

Farm Grill BR #2
Even if you don't have to "go," you should "go to the bathroom!" Both bathrooms are single, unisex rooms- and the movie playing on the screen above the urinal has entertained more than one child!

After eating at Joe's Farm Grill (where we ALL agreed it was superb eats!), we went to Guy Fieri's Food Road Show at the Mesa Center for the Arts.  Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (on the Food Network) is a favorite show of ours, but watching Guy Fieri cook in person is incredible! Even though we were sitting about 75 feet from the stage, I felt like I was sitting in Guy's kitchen chatting with him while he cooked. He told stories, gave cooking tips, made a plug for the importance of cooking with your kids and even introduced his son (and young chef!), Hunter, to us. And then there was the food he prepared... simply extraordinary! The aromas wafting up to our seats were fabulous ... and made us hungry even though we had just eaten. It was a great show- and next time I think I'd spring for the $$$ seats on-stage with tasting privileges!

MKRD
MR KD outside the Guy Fieri Food Road Show- we missed LU who couldn't make it!

JA
Janne and Adam were the stand-ins for LU!

2 comments:

  1. What a great looking group!! I loved my Ahi sandwich, but looking at your pizza makes me want to go back and try that. Thanks for posting the pics from that fun night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, fun! DH would have enjoyed that. I don't think I realized Guy was in town.

    That BBQ Chix pizza looks divine!

    ReplyDelete