I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Saturday, July 23

queen of drama ... and proud of it!

Do you ever think there is entirely too much drama in your life? Is that co-worker who has a "situation" every day starting to drive you crazy? Do you have teenagers? Is there a Facebook friend who makes mountains out of molehills  and then wants to share every thought? Are you a drama queen?

drama

I think we've all been a drama queen at some point in our lives or about a certain thing. But that kind of drama on a daily basis wears me out and drags me down. Fortunately, I've discovered an antidote!

Real honest-to-goodness drama! As Alfred Hitchcock once said, "Drama is life with the dull bits cut out." He, of course, was referring to motion pictures, but the same is true for live drama... and it's even more exciting since there are no retakes!

I had been feeling a bit dragged down by the drama in my life over the past month or so. And then last week I went to THREE live productions with three different friends.

drama tickets

The first one, Over the River, had me laughing in the aisle (okay... my seat!) as well as shedding a few tears at the family dynamics and antics of an Italian family (boy, could I relate!). The Herburger Theater in Phoenix has a "Lunch Time Theater" that does short productions during, you guessed it, lunch time. I saw With Friends Like These mid-week and howled (ok... quietly roared) through a play about three types of friends... ones we ALL have! At just $6 (you can bring your own lunch in or buy theirs for an additional $6) it is a bargain! At the end of the week I saw Little Shop of Horrors, a play I've seen several times but always enjoy- especially seeing how they will do Audrey II. Although the plot is preposterous, the music is uplifting and, as anticipated, I left the theater upbeat.

Side Note: Two of the plays were at the Hale Centre Theatre in Gilbert, a small, family-owned and operated theater. Their prices are very reasonable (we got tickets for one show through Groupon at 50% off- an even better deal!) and every production we've seen there has been top-notch. 

By the end of the week... and my theater-going... I was able to put the silly drama in my life into perspective. And became a queen of drama... not a drama queen!...  in the process! 


5 comments:

  1. haha. The HerbErger Theater. :) Glad you liked all of the plays!! I'll have to try it out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your photo edits, by the way. Very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wanted to tell you that my captcha for that last post was "mistrank" which I think is an excellent word for a combination of "mischief" and "prank." I think I will start using it as a real word, now. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Janne. And I totally think you should appropriate "mistrank" as a real word... who will be the object of your mistrank?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No idea... hmmm... I'll have to think on it :)

    ReplyDelete