I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Saturday, June 23

really???

I like to peruse the SkyMall Magazine on the plane every so often... and usually come away wondering how the human race has survived this long.

The winner on my last flight was a product that at first left me shaking me head, sighing out loud and contemplating who would buy such a product.

Protica's "Protein Ketchup"- the first protein-fortified condiment
Each single-serve cup has 15 grams of protein, 0 grams of fat and two servings of tomatoes. 
The cost? $1.43/cup

It is no secret that most Americans are all about convenience and as a result, eat out pretty often. McDonald's sells over 1 million Happy Meals EVERY DAY in the United States. And that's just one of many fast food restaurants. Americans spend over $140 billion (yes, with a B!) each year on fast food.

As shocking as all that was to me, the factoid that really got me was this: The number one vegetable in America for kids is... FRENCH FRIES!! That's right... deep-fried starch is apparently a vegetable. And let's be honest- most kids eat the french fries first and then are "too full" for their chicken nuggets (another deep-fried food!). So maybe it is a good thing that someone had the foresight to add protein to ketchup... the number one dip for french fries. At least our children will get an actual vegetable (and yes, I know tomatoes are a fruit!) and protein with their "#1 vegetable!"


No comments:

Post a Comment