I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Tuesday, December 4

20/100 revisited... spreading some Christmas cheer

We drove by the Mystery Christmas Tree (#20 on my "100 Things in Arizona" list) on I-17 between Sunset Point and Cordes Junction last December (2011) and were sad that it was not the festive tree we were expecting.  I gave it neither a thumb up nor a thumb down since it was not decorated. You can read that post here.

We drove by it again about a week ago and I am happy to report that it has been fully adorned for Christmas this year. The American flags and yellow ribbons honoring our military are a nice addition to the shiny, glittering ornaments and giant candy canes.

Mystery Christmas Tree
Be sure to look for it if you head up north this Christmas season!

This tree truly is a "Mystery Tree" since no one knows (or will admit) anything about who decorates it or what happened last year that kept it from being decorated. I checked this year with the public affairs officers from the Yavapai Country Sheriff's Office, Arizona Department of Public Safety and the Arizona Department of Transportation and all disavowed any knowledge of who does it or why it wasn't done last year. 

Whoever the mystery elves are, I'm glad they're back spreading a little Christmas cheer to all who pass by.

Thumb Up or Down: UP all the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment