I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Thursday, August 8

lovin' summer #8

So far all of our grandkids (also known as "my sweethearts") live across the country from us. We talk on the phone and have the occasional Skype visit to keep in touch but it's not the same as going to visit them in person.  I feel very fortunate to be able to visit them several times a year. We try to go once during the summer while they don't have school so we can spend A LOT of time doing all kinds of fun "kid" things.

We returned from just such a visit a little over a week ago. It was a time of running through the sprinklers (okay, I did NOT participate in this activity, but it was fun to watch the kids!), playing board games, reading books, making funny faces, swimming, coloring, including the kids in a favorite activity of ours - geocaching, listening to hundreds of stories (real and make-believe) and answering a zillion questions (my favorite ones were questions about what their mother was like as a child!).

lovin' summer #8 Collage
Notes: No trespassing occurred while searching for this geocache and playing with your food is perfectly acceptable if Grandma says it's ok.

I LOVE SUMMER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment