I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Wednesday, February 19

wacky wednesday - winter or spring??

Just two and a half weeks ago the world-renowned groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, saw his shadow and six more weeks of winter were predicted. And, as much of the U.S. plunged into more snow and ice storms, it seemed PP's prediction was, once again, accurate.

But I wonder.

As my sweethearts living in the Charlotte, N.C. area battled snow and ice resulting in three school snow days last week, the unseasonably warm temperatures here in the Valley of the Sun resulted in the mind battle of whether or not it's too early to turn on the air conditioning.

thermometer

And then there is the tree in our front yard which turns into a giant, white blossom ball every spring - usually in mid-March or later. But this year, even before all the leaves fell off, the "snow" covered its branches - a sure sign of spring.

tree flowers

The National Climatic Data Center analyzed PP's forecasts and announced he has "no predictive skill." I think I have to agree with them. (And I hope my tax dollars did not fund that bit of research… another post for another day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment