I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Wednesday, June 18

wacky wednesday - beauty product?

SkyMall Magazine has many useful and unique products. I have even ordered a couple of things from them myself. But they also have a plethora of ... questionable... useless... "interesting" things that just make me shake my head and wonder, "WHY???"

The product that caught my eye on my latest flight and perusal of SkyMall Magazine came from the section of the magazine titled "Inventions." For only $19.99 one can purchase a "Lip Enhancer" (single pack - your choice of small, medium, or large). Picture a small bucket-shaped device made out of a silicone-like material. The description says, "It is a self-suction device to help women achieve a better lip line and fuller lips. It's simple, quick, painless and temporary." (Interesting that it is for women. Apparently men don't care about how their lips look. But that is a blog post for another day.)

Most people want to look their best. And many people wish they could change something about their appearance. I believe that's what keeps plastic surgeons in business. And unlike botox, you control the amount of "enhancement" with a Lip Enhancer. But how temporary is "temporary?" Ten minutes? An hour? I can't believe it would last much longer than that given that it's "quick." What happens when it "wears off?" Do you run to the restroom to reapply the suction device and plump up your lips again? That seems kind of silly.

I am sure there are people who buy Lip Enhancers. I wonder how many end up disappointed or feel cheated. It seems to me it would be simpler to just accept ourselves for what we are - a unique and beautiful creation of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment