I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Wednesday, August 27

wacky wednesday... something to ponder

I noticed it as soon as I walked out the front door to get the newspaper. I did a double take and squinted at it (like that would make it go away!) before I reached down for the paper. By the time I got back into the house I had forgotten about it.

Until I walked outside to take out some trash. And there it was again. I remember thinking it was very odd and wondering why that would happen. But by the time I was done wrestling with the trash, I had forgotten about it ... again.

Until the next morning when I got my in car to leave. Not only was it still there, it was BIGGER than the day before. I thought about what would cause that the whole time I was driving. However, when I got out of the car, my attention turned to the errands I was doing and I forgot all about it ... yet again.

Until later that day when I returned home and drove in the driveway. Yep, it was still bigger than life. I pondered it some more trying to figure out what would cause such a thing. As I unloaded the bags from my car, I went back to check it out again thinking maybe it was an optical illusion. Nope, it was real.

I decided to google it. Maybe "they" would have the answer. Nada. No matter how I worded my search, nothing came up.

So I am back to pondering why, on a sage bush pruned to have a flat top, one twig would grow substantially faster than ALL the rest. Yep, it's a stumper.

tall sprout

2 comments:

  1. It's gone now - no more pondering…. :-(

    ReplyDelete