I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Saturday, February 28

it bloomed!!

About a month ago I purchased a hyacinth bulb "planted" in a vase of water (see indoor gardening). For about a week and a half it did absolutely nothing at all. I changed the water every three or four days and still it did nothing.

Then the green sprout on top began to grow a little. Soon I began to see little cracks in the bulb and thought I had broken it when I was lifting it out of the vase to change the water. And I continued to wait and watch.

Finally, about two weeks ago the green sprout started to open up and I could see green, tightly closed buds. I eagerly checked it every morning to see if, finally, there was a flower. But each morning it looked pretty much the same as it had the day before. Still I continued to change the water and talk to her.

And then, four or five days later, the green, tightly closed buds began to open revealing the softest baby pink petals. Over the next few days more and more opened up.

I HAD A BLOOMING HYACINTH IN A VASE IN MY KITCHEN!!

hyacinth
She has a delightful fragrance that makes my kitchen smell like a garden! And the shadow of the leaves and bulb/vase looks like a bunny! ;-)

She has continued to open up a little more each day. What a delight it is to walk into the kitchen each morning and not only see, but smell, a beautiful flower!

I just have one question. What do I do with the bulb after the flower is gone? Oh Google....



No comments:

Post a Comment