I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Wednesday, July 8

wacky wednesday - the couch

You never know what you are going to find when you're geocaching. Sometimes it's the cache that's interesting or surprising. And sometimes it's something totally unrelated to geocaching that you stumble across while you're looking for the cache.

We were geocaching this past week in the high country of Arizona, east of Flagstaff. The cache itself was pretty uninteresting - typical container, typical location, nothing historical about the locale. But what we passed looking for the cache caught my eye... and my camera lens!

couch

I think there is a story behind this futon couch being dumped in the middle of nowhere. I refuse to believe that someone loaded it on a truck and dumped it miles from anywhere rather than take it to the dump or donate it to a charity. 

So... 

Once upon a time, a lovely married couple decided to move into a smaller condo in order to donate more of their money to those less fortunate than themselves. They painstakingly went through all their belongings, keeping only the things they absolutely needed. 

Their hearts were full of joy until they came to their futon couch. They often sat together on the couch, holding hands and talking about their day, watching a movie or reading a book together. They couldn't bear to part with this couch that was so much a part of their lives but it wouldn't fit in their new condo.

Their hearts were broken until the wife had an idea.

In the dark of night, they moved the couch to a deserted field in a remote area miles from buildings or even well-traveled roads. They positioned it facing north so they could watch the sunrise or the sunset as they sat together, holding hands and talking about their day.

Once again, their hearts were full of joy and they lived happily ever after.

Yeah, I know. But that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'd rather think the best of someone than the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment