I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Thursday, May 12

thankful thursday - a perfect morning

The fog in my brain starts to lift as I hear the beep of the coffee-maker alerting me that the coffee is done. I stretch... and sniff. Yep, the aroma of fresh-brewed coffee is wafting down the hallway into the bedroom. With one eye cracked open and the other tightly shut, I stumble into the kitchen, grab a mug from the cupboard and pour a cup of liquid encouragement - and not the alcoholic kind that only encourages you to do something regrettable.

I watch the steam float gently upward and inhale deeply. A smile slowly creeps across my face and I anticipate the robust flavor on my tongue, the heat in my mouth. I bring the mug up to my mouth and gingerly take a sip, not wanting to burn my lips.

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! It is perfect! I take a big gulp. And then one more as my closed eye pops open.

I notice the sun is shining and the sky is blue. Birds are chirping. My heart begins to sing. It's gonna be a great day!

I am thankful for perfect mornings like this. And for coffee!

coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment