I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Thursday, June 30

thankful thursday - surf and sunset

Listening to ocean waves pounding the beach is soothing... relaxing... calming. It is why so many people listen to "waves" on their sound machines as they go to sleep. Watching and hearing the real thing takes it up a notch.

We recently spent a week in Southern California with our North Carolina sweethearts and their parents. In addition to the general chaos that comes with five kids, we also spent three days at Disneyland and California Adventure. Alternating Disney days with a beach day and a whale-watching tour day was the perfect way for us to unwind and relax so we could more fully enjoy the next "magical" day.

waves

A beach day is an immersion experience involving all your senses.Watching children build sand castles as the waves roll in. The scent of fresh ocean air. Feeling the ocean spray on your face and the sand between your toes. The salty taste on your lips. Hearing the roar of the waves and the laughter of children.

I think I do some of my best pondering at the beach. I find solitude and energy in the crashing waves and inspiration in the tiny grains of sand. I recognize and appreciate the gift that has been given to me. And I am filled with awe.

The only thing better is being there at sunset!

sunset at the beach

"I could never stay long enough on the shore; the tang of the untainted, fresh, and free sea air was like a cool, quieting thought." 
~ Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment