I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Thursday, August 26

... head in the clouds ...

Having lived in the desert of Arizona for decades where the sky is blue and cloudless the majority of the time, seeing clouds nearly every day here in Maryland is a treat.

Sometimes the cloud-cover is thick and dark with no blue sky is visible. It looks cold when I look out my window but looks can be deceiving. In the summer it is hot and sticky when the sky looks like that- and you can bet that a thunderstorm is on the way. My hair sticks straight out thanks to the static electricity in the air.

DSC_3837
"A promise is a cloud, fulfillment is rain."
Arabian Proverb

My favorite sky is blue with cotton ball clouds- something we have here nearly every afternoon. When Christopher (the second grader) was here visiting we would try to find objects (ducks, bunnies, dinosaurs, cars, ...) in the clouds. It was a fun game to play while we were in the car.

puffy clouds
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds. "
G.K. Chesterton

Nick (the kindergartner) informed me when he was visiting that "Those are not 'cotton ball clouds'- they are cumulus clouds and when they get bigger with gray bottoms they are cumulonimbus clouds that bring rain!" Oy vey!!

I know Montana is "The Big Sky State" but for some reason the sky seems really big here. Maybe it's the depth or dimension the "cotton ball clouds" give it. Or maybe it's the deep blue contrasting with the brilliant white of the clouds. Whatever the reason I think Maryland's sky gives Montana a run for their money!

No comments:

Post a Comment