I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Wednesday, September 22

Autumn Journey 2010 ... day five

Do you have a mental picture of what Nova Scotia looks like without ever having seen it? I did... and it looks just like I imagined it would. Beautiful blue water (lakes and ocean), wooded areas and forests, fishing boats, lighthouses and small villages. Yep, it looks like a Fisherman's Friend cough drop commercial!

Water View
The granite boulders were left behind when glaciers carved out the area eons ago. They provide places for the shore birds to perch... as well as being beautiful to look at!

Fishing Boats
Peggy's Cove is a little fishing community on the Atlantic Ocean. There are fishing communities all around the coastline- it's one of their major industries. Fresh fish = YUM!!!!

View of Houses
Everyone, and I mean everyone, has lobster traps (like the ones on the deck in the foreground) even if they don't do any other fishing.

Village
The villages are very tight-knit communities where the people know their neighbors and help each other. What I didn't expect was how friendly to strangers the people are... as they say, "It's the maritime way!" We talked with several locals- and the first thing they want to know is where we are from... I think they think we have an accent!

Lighthouse
The Peggy's Cove Lighthouse is built on granite boulders. The water around the rocks is very shallow and produces tremendous waves along the rocky shore.


I think I've fallen in love with Nova Scotia... must be the Scottish blood in me!

2 comments:

  1. You two have more fun than should be allowed. What beautiful countrysides you have seen and I wish I could eat at all the great places you have dined. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful pictures and your lives with us. It is almost as if we were there, except we are not. We are here in 100 degree weather STILL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Laurie- and we are thankful for this great adventure we're on. Sorry about the late summer you all are experiencing... that's certainly no fun!

    ReplyDelete