I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Thursday, October 7

Angels & Friends

The day after returning home from vacation Richard dropped me off at BWI Airport so I could fly back to Arizona for a wedding. Always a gentleman, he helped me with my luggage and waited until I got in line at security before heading back home. He had several errands to do that morning before friends from Arizona arrived for a visit. Yep, I was going to Arizona the same weekend they would be in Maryland. Ironic? Maybe. Coincidence? Definitely not.

Aside from being long (as it always is!), my flight was uneventful- just the way I like it! When I switched my phone on, I had a message from Richard saying he had been in an accident and to call him. Although the words were cause for panic, hearing his voice calmed me and I quickly pushed his speed dial number.

As he told me what happened, relief surged through my body. Miraculously, no one was hurt. He was taking my car to get it washed and was accelerating onto an on-ramp to an expressway when simultaneously a white plastic trash bag flew up and stuck on his windshield AND the construction pick-up truck in front of him stopped to turn off the road. Richard rear-ended him going about 30 miles an hour. Both air bags deployed and the front end of my car slid under the pick-up's bumper and crumpled. There was very little damage to the pick-up, but my car was totaled.

Car #1

I realize that cars are designed to crunch thereby absorbing the energy of the impact and protecting the occupants of the car. But I also believe we have angels watching over us. Psalm 91:11 says "For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways."

Car #2

While Richard walked away from the accident with just a sore nose (burned from the air bag), some hoarseness and chest congestion (from the air bag) and a sore sternum (a seatbelt bruise later appeared), he was still shook up from the experience. Our friends from Arizona arrived later that afternoon and began taking care of him. They were there to distract and comfort him when I could not be there. By the time Mike and Laurie left on Sunday, Richard was fine. Some would say we were "lucky" they were here. I don't think it's luck... I think it was God's plan all along. Thank you, Mike and Laurie, for allowing God to use you for His glory as you ministered to us.

The next step is replacing my car. In the meantime, I get to drive Al Capone's car!!

Rental Car

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I should get you a Tommy gun, both for the car and for when you're in B-More. LOL.

    Of course, I'm ecstatic Dad was ok... angels, angels everywhere... on buses, on the expressway, everywhere!

    ReplyDelete