I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Tuesday, May 17

Riparian Institute

Do you ever think about what you were doing at this time a year ago? I sometimes do and last week I was remembering walking around Lake Kittamaqundi by our apartment in Maryland where I always saw lots of birds and flowers. It made me feel a little sad... and then I remembered... we have a Riparian Institute just a few miles from our house!

I set off bright and early the next morning with a bounce in my step and a song in my heart. I walked along a couple of paths for about an hour and a half enjoying nature- the quietness punctuated with a symphony of bird songs, the beautiful flowers and the serenity of the preserve. It was easy to forget I was in the middle of an urban area- just like the lake in Maryland! And everywhere I looked I was reminded of God's Word...

Duck
Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.   1Peter 5:8

Gosling
Give thanks to the Lord of lords: ... who gives food to every creature.  Psalm 136:3, 25

Living Water
Come, all you who are thirsty...  Isaiah 55:1

flowers collage
Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.    Luke 12:27

Nest
Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young-- a place near your altar, O Lord Almighty, my King and my God.   Psalm 84:3

Lone Hummer
So God created the creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.   Genesis 1: 21

ears to hear 1
Then Jesus said, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear."  Mark 4:9

3 comments:

  1. So, honestly, how long did it take you to find verses for all of those??? lol. Oh, and I love ducky pictures! They are so cute! One of my fave DC pics is one with two ducks dipping down into the water of the reflecting pool and sticking their butts in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well fine, ignore my comment! But now I'm going to add another one because Blogger's statement of "1 Comments" is grammatically incorrect and annoys me. Now you have "2 Comments" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh- you could give me 24 hours! LOL! It didn't take me very long to find the exact number of the verse... I was thinking about them as I took the photos and was pretty sure of generally where they were.

    I know what you mean about ducky pictures- they are very sweet and cuddly-looking... not like the somewhat aggressive, dirty birds they really are! Your Ducky Butts photo is one of my favorites, too!

    ReplyDelete