I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Monday, December 5

a little bit of CHRISTmas

It's that time of year when we decorate our homes for the Christmas season. I like to order a fresh wreath from the Worcester Wreath Company in Harrington, Maine. Morrell Worcester has donated and delivered thousands of wreaths for the gravestones at Arlington Cemetery every year since 1992. You can read more about this story here. I like to support companies that make their products here in the US- being patriotic is a bonus.

My wreath arrived last week and as I carefully took it out of the box and hung it on the door, I wondered why we hang wreaths at Christmas-time. Are they just festive-looking and fun or is there some deeper symbolism?

wreath

The ring-shape, with no beginning and no end, is symbolic of eternal life. Fresh evergreens symbolize growth and life. Holly branches have thorns, like Christ's crown of thorns when He was crucified. And the red berries and bows represent Christ's blood that was shed for our sins. 

Christmas wreaths... another way to keep CHRIST in CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty wreath! I need to add something fun to my wreath...

    ReplyDelete