I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Monday, July 8

lovin' summer #5

Every child in elementary school in Arizona learns the 5 C's that Arizona is known for - cotton, cattle, citrus, copper and climate. I think a sixth one should be added - corn!

corn field

When I was growing up in the valley, I remember lots and lots of cotton fields and citrus orchards... but not many corn fields. Ironically, corn was grown in what is now Arizona by Native Americans centuries ago but as the country expanded westward, corn production slowed dramatically. In more recent times, corn production in Arizona has picked up although the state is not by any means a major producer. However, fields near our home that only ten or fifteen years ago were growing cotton are now growing corn. And I, for one, am loving it!

Local sweet corn is available at farmer's markets, vegetable stands and some grocery stores. My new favorite way to cook it is on the grill.

cooked corn

I enjoy the sweet, melt-in-your-mouth corn on the cob as often as I can during the summer because once summer's over, the corn is too!

I LOVE SUMMER!!!

2 comments: