I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Wednesday, July 2

wacky wednesday - stayin' cool in the summer

One of the best things about summer when I was a child was sitting outside eating a popsicle. You had to eat it fast before it melted and ended up a gooey, syrupy puddle in your hand. And if it was your lucky day, there would still be one of your favorite flavor in the box.

popsicle box

My kids, like generations before them, ate their fair share of store-bought popsicles full of sugar, artificial flavor and coloring and chemical preservatives. And they lived to tell about it. 

But now it is all the rage to make your own popsicles using real fruit, 100% fruit juice, little or no sugar and even yogurt or non-fat milk. Or coconut milk. Or soy milk. Or VEGETABLES - the horror!

They may be healthy but would they taste good? I decided to put it to the test. After purchasing  a popsicle mold, I found a recipe for Cucumber Lime popsicles (Top Pops by Emily Zaiden) that uses just four ingredients (cucumbers, limes, water & a bit of sugar) and gave it a whirl.

popsicle

Oh. My. Goodness. They are delicious... and refreshing... and a flash back to childhood but with a grown-up twist. I am already planning my next batch - Pineapple Thai Basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment