I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Wednesday, July 23

wacky wednesday - what do you think?

I love spending time with my sweethearts (aka grandkids). They live in North Carolina so I don't get to see them all the time but when I'm there, one of my most favorite things is talking with them. Like most kids, they have opinions and dreams and likes and dislikes. On my latest visit, I asked the four oldest these questions:
  1. What do you think is the biggest problem facing our country?
  2. What do you want to do/be when you grow up?
  3. What is your favorite book?
  4. What chore do you dislike the most?
I thought their answers were interesting. Even though they don't understand the complexities of world problems, they did understand that there are problems greater than those that effect themselves. Their answers to a few questions have remained the same for some time (like Christopher's least favorite chore and Nick's career ambition) while others have changed over time (Lexie used to want to be a kangaroo when she grew up and Ben wanted to be a fireman). 

Christopher
Christopher (almost 11 years old) 
  1. I think the biggest problem in our country is President Barak Obama because he promotes laws that don't really make sense. For example, registering all guns and minimizing the guns allowed. People should be allowed to have guns for protection and hunting.
  2. I want to work at the Genius Bar at the Apple Store while I'm in college studying to be a 4th grade math teacher at Mooresville Intermediate School.
  3. My favorite book is The Bible because I like reading about God's Word because it helps me know God better.
  4. My least favorite chore is picking up the dog poop in the backyard because it's gross, especially when it rains which is a lot.
Nick
Nick (9 years old) 
  1. I think the biggest problem in our country is that the president wants to take away guns from people. People need guns for protection - like if we had another Civil War - and for hunting.
  2. I want to be a storm chaser because I want to see tornadoes up close.
  3. My favorite book is The Mystery Of Biltmore House by Carole Marsh because the Biltmore House is in North Carolina and the book is a mystery book.
  4. My least favorite chore is picking up dog poop because it's stinky.
Ben
Ben (7 years old) 
  1. I think the biggest problem in our country is that some parents don't have enough money to buy food for their children and they go to bed hungry.
  2. I want to be a police officer when I get older because they get a gun and handcuffs and they have a siren on their car.
  3. I have two favorite books - Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney because it has funny drawings and Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons by Eric Litwin because it has four songs.
  4. My least favorite chore is taking out dirty diapers to the trash because they smell nasty.
Lexie
Lexie (6 years old) 
  1. I think the biggest problem we have is that people die and I would help them by being a doctor or dentist.
  2. I want to be a doctor or dentist so I can help people.
  3. My favorite book is My Little Pony Phonics Fun because I like Little Ponies.
  4. My least favorite chore is cleaning my room because it's so boring and not fun.
Ellie
Ellie (9 months old)

And little Ellie certainly has likes and dislikes but doesn't articulate them in words. She uses her eyes and smile and expression and occasionally her "voice!" I can't wait to have a conversation with her!

There is no doubt that life at their house, with five kids and a dog, is sometimes pretty wacky but it is always a fun adventure with lots of conversation!

3 comments:

  1. Good answers! Is there a correlation to not liking to pick up dog poop and not liking the current president??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahahaha!!!!!! Well I know I don't like picking up dog poop either....... Must be some correlation. :)

      Delete