I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Wednesday, March 25

wacky wednesday - how the times change

In the course of living life, everyone experiences stress. The car breaks down, the babysitter gets sick, the boss is unreasonable, kids are ... well, kids.

In days of yore (that would be the 1960's), advertisers convinced us a warm, relaxing bath would get rid of all our stress. Remember "Calgon, take me away?" (You can view the commercial here.) For less than two bucks you could purchase enough Calgon bubble bath for a dozen or so de-stressing soaks. I remember people thinking that was a splurge - you don't need bubbles to take a bath.

Fast forward a "few" decades to the present time. During a recent flight, as I was perusing the Skymall Magazine, I read about a device designed as an "escape to a world of serenity and slumber" ... the serenity pod.


The description continues with "(its) elliptical exterior blocks 90% of outside noise while the interior amplifies the sound inside. The wireless sound system gently rocks you to sleep with vibration while the LEDs change colors wirelessly from an app on your smartphone or tablet."

And for only $10,000 it can be yours. Yes, that was TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS. And while you are at it, order a smaller one for your dog or cat for a mere $1000. Seriously, just how stressed do you think your pet is? 

I don't know about you but if I spent $10,000 on my bed or $1000 on Fido's bed, I would be anything but serene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment