I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Wednesday, April 1

wacky wednesday - should we or shouldn't we?

For the past six or seven years I have wanted a gas-burning fire pit for our patio. It would be relaxing to sit with my sweet husband around the fire pit gazing at the stars as we talk about our day. It would be fun to invite friends over for Happy Hour around the fire pit. We could make s'mores. The sweethearts could roast hotdogs on a stick.

But no matter what idyllic scene I conjured up, my sweet husband put the kibosh on it. It would just take up room. We wouldn't use it (remember the stationary bike?). Propane ones are expensive. It's too hot for one most of the year.

But I am not one to give up so easily.

I found directions for making one on Pinterest (that plethora of ideas and directions or huge time-waster, depending on your point of view!) and purchased the supplies. Total cost - $15 and change.
It took me less than half an hour to put it together.

And voila, we had a fire pit!

fire pit

Okay, it's small (only about eight inches by six inches) and sits on a table. But it roasts marshmallows for s'mores. And provides great ambiance. It doesn't take up much space and is easily portable. The cost was certainly not "expensive." We can use it year-round, even in the hot summer after a night-time swim.

Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment