I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Thursday, September 17

thankful thursday - palm trees and partly cloudy skies

Have you ever had a really busy month? The kind where one thing consumes almost all your time and energy? I think we all have those times. And this past month was one of mine.

I coordinated a women's retreat at our church. Lists and timelines were my new BFF's as they helped  me stay organized and on track. Things that could be done early were done early. But the week or two (or three!) before a big event is always hectic. Our head count shifted up and down several times. Food needed to be ordered. Additional name tags were made. Centerpieces needed to be put together. For every item I crossed off my list, two more replaced it. Or so it seemed.

While I was tired, I was not frazzled or ready to pull my hair out over the busyness. It is just the way it is with events. And I knew that God would use every bit of it - both in ways I would see and in things I would have no knowledge of.

The retreat was last weekend and was, at least by my reckoning, a success. The women (including me) were refreshed and renewed, the church body strengthened and God was glorified.

And this week I was oh so glad to have nothing pressing  to do. To have time to sit on my patio and enjoy the palm trees shaking in the breeze and the partly cloudy sky while I drank my coffee and thanked God for all He showed me during the process and at retreat. And for the time of rest.

palm trees and clouds
Palm trees and partly cloudy skies.  It sounds like a country western song, doesn't it? Or it would if you added a pick-up truck and a dog...

No comments:

Post a Comment