I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Thursday, September 24

thankful thursday - changing seasons

Yesterday (September 23rd) marked the arrival of fall. In many parts of the world leaves are changing color, there is a chill in the air and pumpkin-flavored/scented everything has arrived.

Alas, two of those three things are not true in the desert southwest. Trees are still green and will be until January when they turn brown and fall off. The only chill in the air is in over-air conditioned buildings. Outside, temperatures remain in the high nineties. Pumpkin lattes, pastries, candles and more are in plentiful supply, however.

Even though we in the desert southwest don't experience fall in the traditional sense, I am thankful for the changing seasons. It reminds me that God is a God of order, not chaos. One season follows the next in an orderly cyclical progression.

And I can still experience the wonder of fall color, albeit vicariously, when my friends post photos of trees with brilliant orange foliage. I just don't need a sweater to do it!

"For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven." 
Ecclesiastes 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment