I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Tuesday, April 27

"Oh I wish I were an..."

Retirement. You either dread it... or can't wait for it. I would say Richard and I are a little of both- we  enjoy where we are in life but also dream about what we'll do when we're retired.

In our various travels we've talked to retired folks who work or volunteer during the summer at national parks and they tell us how much they enjoy it. I think we would, too. When we get cruise line brochures we talk about extended travel when we retire- that would definitely be enjoyable! We love listening to steel drums- maybe Richard will learn to play them when we retire.

Imagine my surprise (dismay?) when Richard excitedly told me he wanted to drive the Oscar Mayer Wiener Mobile around the country when he retired! Who knows, it might be fun... and at least he didn't say he wanted to be a Wal-Mart greeter!

 We saw the Wiener Mobile at our hotel in Roanoke, VA.

2 comments:

  1. Hey - what's wrong with Wal-Mart greeter?? I think that would be a great job and you do not have to mess with traffic on the roads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! You can be a Wal-Mart greeter, Mike- the traffic going to work won't be bad but you WILL have to deal with the traffic in the parking lot... ;-)

    ReplyDelete