I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Thursday, January 28

thankful thursday - sunsets

Living in Arizona, I sometimes take spectacular sunsets for granted. I remember my parents going outside to watch a beautiful sunset and, as a child, I thought that was pretty lame. After all, the sun sets every evening.

But now I am the one hurrying outside to watch the outrageous display of colors in the sky. Sometimes I sit on patio and watch the drama unfold. I've been known to pull over when I'm driving just so I can snap a photo or two of an especially pretty sunset.

We have had quite a few incredible sunsets the past several weeks and I endeavor to pay attention to them. To appreciate them. To savor them. And to remember them.

sunset

It's not that I think I won't see another one - I'm pretty sure that is inevitable, at least as long as I live in Arizona.

A sunset is a gift. It is a brief glimpse of the infiniteness of our Creator. Like snowflakes and fingerprints, no two sunsets are the same.

I think God makes the really spectacular ones to get our attention. To make us stop for a minute and just be still. To recognize who the artist is and to say, "Thank you!"

"Those who live at the ends of the earth stand in awe of your wonders. From where the sun rises to where it sets, you inspire shouts of joy."
Psalm 65:8

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! A good reminder that I need to enjoy the sunsets more often.

    ReplyDelete