I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Thursday, March 3

thankful thursday - humor

As Uncle Albert sings in the hit movie, Mary Poppins, I love to laugh! The ability to laugh is a gift, one I am thankful for each day. It lowers my blood pressure, makes me happy and gives me a more positive outlook on life.

I have been in North Carolina visiting the East Coast sweethearts and have laughed heartily every single day I've been here.

Everyday conversations are funny. Ben (almost nine-years old) wanted to know if his parents were going to "kiiiiiiiisssssss" when they "went out on a date" (to dinner and a movie while I babysat).

Mixing up words is funny. Ellie (two-years old) often says words differently than they are normally pronounced - like "det-to-wer"  for "Christopher."

"Jokes" are a way of life, especially with kids! Two years ago this month I posted each of their favorite knock knock jokes (wacky wednesday - tee hee hee). For your laughing pleasure, here are the current ones:

Knock knock
Who's there?
Honey bee
Honey bee who?
Honey, be a dear and please get me a soda!
(Christopher, age 12)

Knock knock
Who's there?
A broken pencil
A broken pencil who?
Never mind, it's pointless.
(Nick, age 11)

Knock knock
Who's there?
Dishes
Dishes who?
Dishes your friend so open the door!
(Ben, almost 9)

Knock knock
Who's there?
Elsa
Elsa who?
Hi Elsa! Hi Anna, too!
(Lexie, almost 8)

Mock Mock (Knock knock)
Who's there?
Ka cow  (Interrupting cow)
Interrupting cow wh..
MOO!!!
(Ellie, age 2)

The North Carolina Sweethearts
Ben, Christopher, Nick, Ellie & Lexie

No comments:

Post a Comment