I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Thursday, March 10

thankful thursday - unexpected snow

All too often we take weather for granted. One season follows another in a predictable pattern. But occasionally, after a season has begun (officially or not), we get a do-over. A chance to experience the prior season again.

It's unexpected. Sometimes it's challenging; other times it's fun.

One of the things I appreciate about my many visits to North Carolina is that the weather is very, very different from the weather in Arizona where I live. During the past few weeks I've been in North Carolina this visit, we have had warm days, rainy days, very windy days, thunderstorms, a tornado watch, ...

And SNOW!


Although it was overcast throughout the day, it was not all that cold with highs in the 50's. As we were getting dinner ready, we noticed it was snowing! It was a wet snow with huge flakes and melted pretty quickly after hitting the ground.

But it was SNOOOOOW!!! And totally unexpected!

It was a gift from Above - and I am thankful!


No comments:

Post a Comment