I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Friday, May 7

Reward!!

Last week I thought I would never learn my way around this area. The streets names were unfamiliar and there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to the layout. I always felt lost, even with Navi telling me where to go, and driving made every muscle in my body tense. I promised myself a Dark Cherry Mocha at Starbucks when I could get to Target without any aids.

I got a street map and turned Navi off. After a few days I had the general layout down and knew the major streets. I noticed that my body was not just less tense when I was driving- it was relaxed! And I could find my way to Target, Safeway, my BSF class, Harris Teeter and Starbucks without any navigation aids! Today I went to Starbucks for my reward!!

Instead of a Dark Cherry Mocha I opted for a Coffee Frappuccino with Cinnamon Dulce syrup. (FYI- Get a half price frappuccino at Frappuccino Happy Hour from 3-5pm through May 16th!)

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Mom :) and I wonder what people thought of you taking a picture of your SBUX drink...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it wasn't nearly what they were thinking when she was taking a picture of her dinner at Amicci's! A couple of people at a nearby table were watching - probably thought she was a food critic! ;-)

    ReplyDelete