I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Saturday, June 1

50 shades of summer

I am a list-maker. I enjoy the challenge of completing all the things on my list. I had a fabulous time finishing my "100 Things in Arizona" list so I knew when I saw a photo that a Facebook friend reposted showing a handmade chart with 100 things to do with your child this summer that my challenge was on. I made a list of 50 things to do this summer... some are things I would do anyway, some are things I've always wanted to do but never made time to do, some are brand new things, and some are things I've done in the past. But ALL of them are fun things!

I'll report back at the end of each month (June, July and August) so you can see my progress. But don't just read about the fun I'm having - make your own list!

Fifty Shades of Summer
  1. Make something with Phyllo Dough
  2. Visit the North Rim of the Grand Canyon
  3. Put a jigsaw puzzle together
  4. Play a game of Scrabble
  5. Make and hide a geocache
  6. Try a new fruit
  7. Make a valance for my office
  8. Get a new cell phone
  9. Watch the sunset
  10. Make homemade popsicles
  11. Meet a friend for coffee at Grove Coffee
  12. Go to an outdoor concert in the park
  13. Try a new recipe
  14. Write a letter
  15. Go to the Gilbert Farmer's Market
  16. Try chicken and waffles - find the "best" place in the Valley
  17. Watch an artsy movie at the Camelview Theater
  18. Go to a baseball game
  19. Make gazpacho for dinner
  20. See Man of Steel in June
  21. See The Lone Ranger in July
  22. See 2 Guns in August
  23. Make a Christmas ornament
  24. Meet a friend for coffee at Inside the Bungalow
  25. Movie Night! - Watch the 1975 summer blockbuster Jaws (6/20/75)
  26. Movie Night! - Watch the 1985 summer blockbuster Back To The Future (7/3/85)
  27. Movie Night! - Watch the 1966 summer blockbuster Fantastic Voyage (8/24/66)
  28. Meet a friend for coffee at SoZo Coffeehouse
  29. Plant an herb garden
  30. Take the light rail downtown for dinner
  31. Spend the whole day reading a book
  32. Play a new card game with friends
  33. Shoot Peeps
  34. Meet a friend for coffee at The Bold Roost
  35. Host a "Make Your Own Sundae" evening
  36. Visit a museum
  37. Take dinner to a friend
  38. Make a "Summertime" playlist
  39. Eat dinner at the Desert Botanical Garden and listen to a concert
  40. Anonymously buy a stranger lunch
  41. Sit on the patio and watch the rain
  42. Go for a late night swim
  43. Make S'Mores
  44. Watch a sunrise
  45. Eat breakfast for dinner
  46. Crochet a blanket
  47. Make homemade granola
  48. Plant a pineapple
  49. Paint pottery
  50. Visit Butterfly Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment