I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Saturday, April 19

happy easter

I went to the Desert Botanical Garden yesterday morning. All week I had been thinking about what Christians call Passion Week - the time from Palm Sunday when Jesus made his triumphant entry into Jerusalem with the people waving palm fronds and yelling "Hosanna" through Good Friday when Jesus was crucified and  Easter when the tomb where Jesus was buried was empty after He was raised from the dead by the power of God.

The Garden was full of reminders of that week. It was as if all of nature was celebrating that week along with me.

garden collage
The natural beauty and quiet reminded me of the Garden of Gethsemane where Jesus went to pray.
Mark 14: 32-42

crown
The spiny cactus reminded me of the crown of thorns they put on Jesus' head to mock him.
Matthew 27: 29-30

cross
This saguaro reminded me of the cross that Jesus was nailed to and died on.
John 19: 17-18, 33

red collage
The abundance of red flowers reminded me of Jesus' blood that was shed for mankind's sins - for my sins and your sins - cleansing those who believe in Him.
John 19: 34 and  Romans 3: 23-26

grave
The sweet-smelling flowers reminded me of the spices Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathea used to prepare Jesus' body for burial while the prickly pear cactus reminded me of the stone sealing Jesus' burial tomb.
John 19: 38-42

new life collage
These flowers reminded me of the joy Jesus' disciples eventually felt at finding the tomb empty after God raised Him from the dead. He is risen! He is risen, indeed!
John 20: 1-31

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Loved how you find such good symbolism in places that most of us miss.

    ReplyDelete