I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Wednesday, April 2

wacky wednesday - disneyland trivia

I like to talk to people. It doesn't matter whether they are old or young, a friend or a stranger. I learned some interesting trivia on a recent trip to Disneyland just because I engaged in that lost art form - conversation.

#1 - The horses that pull the street car on Main Street work three hours a day, three days a week. It's a cushy job for them since most come from other "careers." The horse pulling our street car came from an Amish farm where he worked 10 hours a day!

#2 - It's common knowledge that Disney employs "cast members" to assist "guests." Besides perks of merchandise and food discounts, cast members also get unlimited admission into all Disney parks worldwide EXCEPT for Tokyo Disneyland where a 1-day admission is 6400 yen ($62 USD).

#3 - There are five cast members selling Mickey Mouse balloons for $14 each throughout Disneyland. They sell a combined total of 2000 balloons "on a good day." You do the math.

#4 - The most popular Mickey ears hat is the traditional black one. It's good to know that tradition is alive and well, at least at Disneyland.

#5 - The most popular ride among cast members, according to the poll I conducted, is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (32%) followed by Haunted Mansion (20%), Space Mountain (16%), Indiana Jones (12%), Pirates of the Caribbean (8%), Star Tours (8%) and The Tiki Room (4%). Surprisingly, NO ONE chose my personal favorite -Storybook Land.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think anyone would choose Boringbook Land, lol! I still think Dad shoulda ditched you in line and had a churro instead. :)

    ReplyDelete