I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Tuesday, November 23

the end of autumn

I think I have mentioned once or twice how much I'm enjoying autumn here on the East Coast. I expected the beautiful fall colors, the crisp days and even a bit of rain. What I didn't expect was how quickly that all changes. In just over a week, the temperatures dropped significantly and the wind really kicked up... and then the leaves on the trees began dropping. In Arizona we have "dust devils"- a strong whirlwind of dust and debris. In Maryland, we have "leaf devils!" And just like "dust devils" in Arizona, they are fascinating to watch. What leaves remain on the trees come off as the "leaf devil" passes through leaving the trees mostly bare.

4 trees collage
The beautiful fall foliage is pretty much gone... and it's beginning to feel like winter, which doesn't officially begin for another month...

No comments:

Post a Comment