I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Monday, December 6

Baby, it's cold outside...

Winter does not officially begin until December 21st this year... 15 days from now. We have noticed the days getting shorter- it's dark by 5:30pm now- and colder- the highs are only in the 40-50's now. And yesterday at 3:30 in the afternoon (so the warmest part of the day...) when we returned to our apartment complex, we saw...

icicles
ICICLES!!

A series of storms are providing lower than normal temperatures, lots of wind and "frigid dry air" giving real-feel temperatures in the teens and low twenties. For those who are wondering- yes, I pulled my heavy coat out of the closet and have worn it! And gloves. And the ice scraper is in my car. Today I am getting windshield cleaner for freezing weather. Then let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is cold. Hopefully it is not as bad as last year, or maybe that will be a good thing as it will want you to stay in AZ forever. We had our first snow the Sunday after Thanksgiving in Payson. It was about 2" and stopped around 10am and gone by 4pm. That is the best snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy! I heard it was snowing earlier today in Columbia... it didn't snow in DC but it was CRAZY cold!!!!

    And Laurie, as much as she SAYS she wants to experience Snowmageddon, I guarantee she doesn't... as one who DID experience it!

    ReplyDelete