I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Wednesday, December 22

Be Prepared!

Be prepared... both the Boy Scouts and the Girl Scout claim that as their motto. Having been a Girl Scout for eleven years and a Girl Scout leader for another ten years, it has also become my motto. When I read that the I-95 corridor was expecting a massive snowstorm in late December, I decided we had better get prepared.

Just about every alphabet acronym (AARP, AAA, DHHS, MDOT, CDC, ...) has a list of items everyone "must have" to prepare for winter weather- some items are for your house and some for your car.

Snow Prep
The "House Stuff" is on the left... the "Car Stuff" on the right and the middle is shared. Some would argue that the most important item is... chocolate!

Fortunately, we have a gas stove/oven and would be able to use them even if we are without electricity. We make sure we have a supply of bottled water (home and car) and food that needs no preparation. The candle in the coffee can is for the car- along with some matches- to provide light or thaw out a water bottle. I carried one in my car throughout the winter we spent in Calgary, Canada and never needed it- I'm hoping for a repeat performance! And the beach towels, in case you were wondering, are to provide traction should we get stuck- easier and less messy than sand! 

With the purchase of windshield de-icer, my "Winter Survival Kit" was complete... and we are now prepared for whatever winter brings this year.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to assume you meant "stage left" and "stage right" or else I don't know what alphabet organization told you need deicer for your house and chocolate for your car... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chocolate is in the middle... for BOTH car and house, silly! And I have no idea what you're talking about with the "stage right" and "stage left!" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA. Nice switcheroo there, Ma. :P

    ReplyDelete