I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Thursday, December 16

first snow...

Today was our first official snow storm- apparently "flurries" don't really count.

Snowfall

It has been "frigidly cold" for the past week or so with "real feel" high temperatures in the teens to mid-twenties. We brought out the heavy coats, scarves, thermal gloves and wool sox last week. We wear a coat and gloves to get the mail... just 22 steps (yes, I counted!) from our door. So we were not surprised when snow was forecasted for the end of the week.

Blustery Snow

A light snow started falling at 11:00 am and continued until about 5:00 pm this afternoon. As I sat in the warmth of our apartment watching the snow fall through the window, several thoughts came to mind. I was awed by this beautiful fluffy stuff that looks so light and airy yet creates major havoc on the roadways. I wondered where the thousands of homeless people in the DC metro area were spending the storm. I marveled at the peaceful tranquility of the snowscape.

Serenity

Columbia, Maryland received a little over an inch of snow today and is expecting another, potentially bigger snow storm on Sunday. I guess it is time to get winter supplies for our cars and apartment... 

4 comments:

  1. I think you should share the response you got from the Weather Channel guy about flurries vs. "snow showers." tehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was actually why I emailed him- for this post- but he was too slow getting his "technical" response back to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So make an "addendum" or "amendment" - if Congress can put on an amendment at the 11th hour, you certainly can do it 5 days later. LOL.

    ReplyDelete