I started this blog at the urging of friends and family in April 2010 when my husband and I were given an opportunity to relocate in Maryland for one year. We have now returned home to Arizona and continue to walk by faith as we watch God orchestrate the adventures in our lives. I invite you to share in our adventures as we watch God at work!

We live by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7



Wednesday, January 29

I'm back!!

I know I've been silent for awhile. Not literally, of course, but in my blog. I am, in fact, waaaaay behind in finishing up my "50 Shades of Summer" list from last summer. (The good news is I have finally finished all those posts and will be posting them in rather quick succession.)

So what exactly has kept me so busy? Living life.

September and October were months of unplanned but necessary time-eaters. I don't mean that in a negative way - the time-eaters had positive outcomes - but as there are only a finite number of hours in a day, unplanned time-eaters must take the place of something else. I try very hard not to waste time so I have very little "extra time." This is when I was reminded that prioritizing is essential in living life.

I was in North Carolina with our oldest daughter and her family for the entire month of November. I was there to "help" while they welcomed a new baby, turning their family of six into a family of seven (more on that in a later post!). It was while I was there that I was reminded that living life is often an adventure and usually a little hectic. And while we are living life it is sometimes necessary to let some things - even important things - slide for a time.

Christmas is always a busy season filled with more than the usual number of activities. This year was especially hectic as it was a shortened season with Thanksgiving being so late in November. But it was during this very busy and sometimes chaotic time that I was reminded that keeping traditions is part of living life and is good for our well-being.

Just two days after Christmas, before we even put away the Christmas decor, we were on our way to Hawaii for two weeks. It is important to take time to relax, recharge, and see and do different things. These opportunities are part of living life… and, as I discovered, they often require stepping outside your comfort zone, being courageous!

I realize everyone is busy living life. And it's easy to get caught up in the busyness of it all. I also realize I need to be more consistent in blogging if I intend to continue. After thinking about all the "lessons" I learned during these past few months, I came up with a plan.

Wacky Wednesday. Beginning February 5th, and every Wednesday after that,  I will post something just a little bit wacky or random. It might be an opinion on some current event or a weird product I found or a photo of something I saw or … well, the possibilities are practically endless. (I am sure some of the things I previously mentioned will appear there!) This will ensure I post something at least once a week.

Of course, I will still blog about the other things going on as I live life and walk by faith. And I hope you'll leave me a comment or two sharing your thoughts on this new plan.


2 comments:

  1. So glad you are back to the blogs. It has been like a cliff-hanger waiting to see how some things from last year finished out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the cliff-hanger! It's good to be back!!

    ReplyDelete